[SA-exim] I must be a moron.

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:10:33 -0700

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:12:03AM -0700, Lawrence Walton wrote:
> OK so I installed and configured the debian exim 4 package from Mark.
> Configured exim 4 to my liking. Seems to work great thanks!
> enabled SpamAssassin. in /etc/defaults
>
> with the option
>
> OPTIONS="-u nobody"
>
> made  the   appropriate  directory's  with  the   correct  permissions  in
> /var/spool/exim

Actually, it does it for you now, but it doesn't hurt to make them yourself
as long as you got the permissions right

> and nothing....
> no errors nothing.
> Turned on debugging.
> SAEximDebug: 6
>
> works fine but no scanning.

Ok.
1) make sure that "spamc < spammessage" works
2) Make sure SA is enabled in spamassassin.conf (SAEximRunCond)
3) Not that SAEximRunCond does not run SA against locally generated mail by
   default
4) If none of this fixed your problem, post the output of
   /var/log/exim/mainlog for a message you received from the internet