[SA-exim] I must be a moron.

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 15:39:01 -0500

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 01:16:00PM -0700, Lawrence Walton wrote:

| I'm guessing it's the way I have my router set up.

No.  exim calls the local_scan() function at the end of the SMTP DATA
section and before giving back the 250 response.  There is nothing you
can do to make it not call local_scan().

The best one can do is to design the local scan with some
configurable options (as Marc did with sa-exim) and use that to switch
the actual scanning on or off (though the function is still called).
With sa-exim you'll still get log messages from it.

Marc has figured out that the problem is your exim wants to use the
=2Eso version, but isn't configured to do so.  When configured that way
(with no .so specified), the local_scan() function simply and silently
accepts all messages.

-D

--=20
The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
        Proverbs 13:9
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment