[SA-exim] SA-Exim and Exiscan4 in Local Scan

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:15:59 -0700

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:26:18AM -0400, Jeff Clark wrote:
> Nick/Mark,
>
> Thanks for the replies.  I've installed the newest exiscan which, as you
> suggest, does work side-by-side with Sa-exim out of the box!  I'm still
> testing it, but it looks like a very good solution.  One more thing though.
> In my testing it seems that Exiscan is run on messages first, followed by
> Sa-Exim.  Since the amount of spam my server receives is staggering, I'd

Yep.

> prefer to have sa-exim run first.  This way junk can be removed before
> resources are wasted scanning it for viruses.  Is there a way to change
> this?

Yep
1) Look at the code, and reverse the other in which both calls are made :)
2) Wait for me to get off my a**, and do the same thing than exiscan, namely
   writing the code to support another local_scan function

That said, it's just a kludge. We really need a master local_scan that can
call modules in a predefined order.
Mmmh, I guess that means more work I need to do, although I may have a way
to do this quickly. I'll see...