[SA-exim] SA-Exim 2.0b1 is out

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 00:59:14 -0700

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

2002/06/01 - v2.0b1:
This is how 1.0 would have been if I had done it right :-)

o We now attempt to create directories  we write to (suggestion from Patrice
  Fournier)
o Log envelope sender, receipients and  connecting host on rejected messages
  (suggestion from Patrice Fournier)
o We can now save non rejected messages whether they were flagged as spam or
  not (based on request from Patrice)
o Each  save rule  now has  its  own condition  that lets  you decide  which
  messages you want to save or not
o Fixed  parsing of  Message-Id. May  not parse  all of  them  but won't  do
  anything stupid with bad input
o Fixed a  buglet where we removed  old headers before knowing  whether they
  were going to be replaced.
o Added much needed internal alarm so that we don't run too long
o I added lots  of options, but weren't  able to test all of  them and their
  combinations,  please reports  problems you  may notice  and documentation
  issues (in config file)
o Thanks also go to dman for his plentiful feedback

It's worked  for me on  the server I  do all my mail  on, but I  wouldn't be
surprised if some option or combination of options didn't work right, please
(it shouldn't  eat your  mail though,  that part of  the code  wasn't really
changed)

Note  that  all  prior  versions  expected  too  much  from  the  format  of
Message-Id, and might be led to crash with bad input depending on how exim's
memory handling works.
This version fixes this (no one reported this or problems due from this, but
I fixed the code when I saw it)

I think  however that the most  significant improvement for this  release is
the  timeout  handling  (before  that,  if SA  took  too  long,  exim  would
temporarily reject the message)