[SA-exim] Not feeling too adventurous...

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 23:07:37 +0200

Hi there!

I've been reading up on the features of SA-Exim, and it really does all
I'd like to see from the spam filter. It is really beautiful! Great
work, Marc!

However, I'm not feeling so adventurous right now. I'm on the standard
woody debs of Exim and SA, and being inexperienced as sysadmin, I'd
like to stick to that...

It didn't become quite clear to me, but there is no way to avoid to
rebuild Exim or using Exim4? My learning curve is a bit too steep
allready, so I don't know if I should.... People keep saying "stick to
your distro unless you know what you're doing" and I'm not sure I know
what I'm doing... :-) So, should I?

Another important issue for me is to keep the system resource use down.
My server running everything is just a Pentium PRO 180MHz with 96 MB
RAM. Would I have an issue there?

BTW, the volume of sa-talk is rather large, so I was wondering whether
it is encouraged to post Exim and SA questions here, even if they are
unrelated to SA-Exim, to keep the sa-talk volume down, or if it is just
for SA-Exim-specifics? I've got some troubles with dman's instructions
too, you see (but I haven't really started digging in it).

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo