[SA-exim] PermReject

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 19:59:04 -0700

What the hell?
There must be a bug in mutt, it should have escaped those dots, unless it's
exim's job.

> How does yahoo does rejections of only some of the recipients? (it's yahoo

mail from: <myadd@domain.tld>
250 sender <myadd@domain.tld> ok
rcpt to: <marcmerlinns@yahoo.com>
250 recipient <marcmerlinns@yahoo.com> ok
data
354 go ahead
test
554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (marcmerlinns@yahoo.com) - mta401.mail.yahoo.com
mail from: <myadd@domain.tld>
250 sender <myadd@domain.tld> ok
rcpt to: <foobaraddress1@yahoo.com>
250 recipient <foobaraddress1@yahoo.com> ok
rcpt to: <foobaraddress2@yahoo.com>
250 recipient <foobaraddress2@yahoo.com> ok
data
354 go ahead
From: myadd@domain.tld
To: you
Subject: test

test

>.
250 ok dirdel 0/2
mail from: <myadd@domain.tld>
250 sender <myadd@domain.tld> ok
rcpt to: <foobaraddress1@yahoo.com>
250 recipient <foobaraddress1@yahoo.com> ok
rcpt to: <marcmerlinyh@yahoo.com>
250 recipient <marcmerlinyh@yahoo.com> ok
data
354 go ahead
From: myadd@domain.tld
To: you

test

>.
250 ok dirdel 1/1
(I did get that mail, but got no bounce for the bad address)

> that only rejects after DATA, right?) Fail the message and tell in the
> failure that some addresses did actually go through? I'm not sure I'd like
> this...

They do worse, if  there is more than one RCPT, if any  fails, they tell you
that all succeeded

DATA is not a good time to do processing that depends RCPT TO, trust me :-)