[SA-exim] Customizing the rejection message?

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:26:23 +0000

Hi Brian, on Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:23:46 -0500 you wrote:

[rejection messages]
> Is there any straightforward way to customize this message

I had the same question as you when I first installed SA-E. The answer is
that it's not a configuration option, but you'll find it's very easy to
patch the source to customise the message (and others, such as
teergrubeing etc.).

I've mulled over whether to write a patch that would make the message a
config file option (or beg Marc to do it :), but I personally decided
against it on these grounds:

1. it's something you rarely need to change

2. it's very easy to patch the source anyway

3. with custom messages, you'd want to provide a selection of variables to
   be used in the message, so you'd then have to mess around with
   substitution 'variables' etc.

Tim