[SA-exim] Mailman sa-exim Question

Justin F. Knotzke jknotzke at shampoo.ca
Fri Aug 8 11:10:40 PDT 2003

<quote who=Sander Smeenk date=[030808 09:07]/>

> To my best knowledge, the message was dropped at this stage and never
> reached the delivery process of your exim.

    I did some more digging and it appears that because I had the
spamassassin mailman Handler enabled, that patch was kicking in before
sa-exim.

    I disabled the mailman/spamassassin Handler and ran a test mail
through and it was rejected and mailman never saw it.

    The mistake I made in my original post was not reading the logs
correctly. When a message is sent to mailman and mailman sends that
message for approval, two messages are generated: the original and the
message to the list-admin. My logs showed a message being sent to the
list-admin for approval. Right above that was another message which had
been teergrubed. I _assumed_ that message was the message that was sent
to mailman for approval.

  Wrong. It was another SPAM message destined to another user.

  So, my running theory is that the mailman/spamassassin Handler kicks
in before sa-exim can.

   Makes sense?

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke at shampoo.ca