[SA-exim] X-SA-Do-Not-Rej

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Thu Aug 14 11:27:58 PDT 2003

Christian Stuellenberg wrote:

> What about a mail that already comes with an header
> and an
> SAEximRejCond: ${if !eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej:}{Yes} {1}{0}}
> in spamassassin.conf?
>
> Normally X-SA-Do-Not-Rej should only be set in exim's check_rcpt-acl,
> but what if an spammer would already have set this flag?  If tried it,
> and the spam comes through. :(
>
> Am I misunderstanding or missing something here?

AFAIR we've had this before and the (Tim Jacksons?) remedy was to set
the SA code and ACL to something a spammer wouldn't reckon with. Like
X-Wibble-Wobble or whatever.

However, as long as I've been following this list, no-ones ever
mentioned any spammer actually having done this. Their spam software (up
to now) simply isn't made for every eventuality in every anti-spam utility.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni at billy.demon.nl