[SA-exim] Re: Distinct sender_host_address for SA scores?

Christian Stuellenberg christian_stuellenberg at web.de
Fri Aug 15 08:02:31 PDT 2003

Hello,

    Tony> Christian Stuellenberg wrote:
    >> Would'nt it be nice to be able to have different SA scores for
    >> different sender_hosts?
    >>
    >> What I intend is to be able to return a permanent error for
    >> spam that gets forwarded from some well known mailserver, so
    >> that these servers do not waste their bandwidth with my server,
    >> but the others still get teergrubed.

    Tony> You can do this with Exim itself before SA_Exim - but only
    Tony> at the helo stage and by forcing a lookup on the helo
    Tony> given. After that it's all envelope stuff until the actual
    Tony> data, which can then be checked line by line.

    Tony> Whilst it's perfectly possible to reject a helo for any
    Tony> reason you want, doing so might not be what you want in
    Tony> practice.

What I want is, that if a spam mail comes from specified hosts they
get rejected (with a 5xx) and if the same spam has come from any other
host, they get normally teergrubed (or whatever SA score has been
reached).  So I does not want to reject all mails from these specified
hosts, but only the spam mails.

Christian