[SA-exim] FEATURE REQUEST - Line continuations in sa-exim.conf

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Aug 19 23:58:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 12:50:46AM -0500, Coax wrote:
> > been done so many times already, so I'd have to waste my time to write my
> > own or adapt a current parser, and it would probably add 100 lines of code
> > or more (if it's not several hundred lines)
>
> marc, just gotta look for a \ as you parse your line.  if you find one,
> read the next line. if you dont find a complete command at the end of it,
> spew an error and bomb.
>
> I'm assuming you read the config line by line (or byte by byte, looking
> for \n) already, so it probably would take about 30 lines of code (in my
> estimation) to accomplish the task.

It's not just that. My parser really really sucks because I purposely didn't
try. Look at the code and you'll see :)

It should accept multiple spaces before and after, and tabs and so forth.
It does none of that

> Maybe these kind folks could step up and add the code for you? :)

I still think that a half decent parser would actually increase the code
size by quite a bit and that it makes more sense to interface with exim's
parser and use local_scan_has_options

Eh Chad, you used to be a C coder, when can I expect your patch? :-)