[SA-exim] Documentation buglet + misc

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Dec 28 18:20:24 PST 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:44:33AM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > > 4) In sa-exim.conf you might mention that if a value is defined
> > > multiply, the last value governs.
> >
> > I don't understand what you mean.
>
> If you say
> SAxxx = foo
> and then later
> SAxxx = bar

Ah, you meant "multiple times"

> the program thinks you mean bar. (exim, as I just discovered, barfs on
> duplicates and tells you you have a syntax error).

Documented in the new sa-exim.conf in CVS

> > > 6) Perhaps mention you need to have spamd going for it to work.
> >
> > INSTALL:You want to run spamd as such: /usr/sbin/spamd -d -u nobody.
>
> Yes, I found that eventually.  But I think it would be useful to put
> in the readme, as I associate INSTALL files with if you're building

README now says:

INSTALL
-------
See the file named INSTALL for installations instructions (either compiled
in exim, or as a stand-alone shared library) and configuration of spamd

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:04:35PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> FYI SA 2.60 deprecates an option mentioned in INSTALL for sa-exim, and
> suggests an alternative:
>
> always_add_report { 0 | 1 }   (default: 0)
>  When the report_safe option is turned off, mail tagged as spam will
>  include a report in a header named X-Spam-Report.  If you set
>  always_add_report to 1, the report will also be included in the
>  X-Spam-Report header for non-spam mail.
>
>  This option is deprecated in version 2.60 and later.  It will be
>  removed in a future version.  Please use the flexible add_header
>  option instead:
>
>  add_header all Report _REPORT_

Mmmh, the thing is that sa-exim is pre-compiled with the headers that
it's going to read from SA, so it's currently hard to support any random
header that someone might make.
For now, sa-exim will keep requiring X-Spam-Report until further notice

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 03:54:15PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> The file refers to
> http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/exim4-conf/exim4.conf.master, which
> doesn't exist as far as I can tell.

This has been fixed in CVS too