[SA-exim] Debian package of SA-Exim 2.2

Nicolas Marchildon nicolas at marchildon.net
Mon Feb 10 04:54:42 2003

Hello all,

I installed and started using the Debian package of exim4 with SA-Exim
2.1, where I discovered the bug with the big mails hanging SA-Exim (many
thanks to Bruno for that 1.1M mail he received few mins after installing
exim4, without which I would have been running a pretty buggy MTA for a
while ;).

So, I downloaded the debian tree and tried to run "debian/rules binary"
on a few versions of exim (4.02, 4.04, 4.10, and the latest 4.12), with
sa-exim right from CVS (2.2), but kept getting rejects from one patch or
the other.

For example, with exim 4.10, after having fixed debian/EDITME.diff, it
started building exim, but failed here:

/bin/rm -f auths.a
ar cq auths.a b64encode.o b64decode.o call_pam.o call_pwcheck.o
call_radius.o xtextencode.o xtextdecode.o get_data.o md5.o cram_md5.o
plaintext.o pwcheck.o auth-spa.o spa.o
ranlib auths.a
/bin/rm -rf ../drtables.o
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/nicolas/download/exim-4.10/build-Linux-i386/auths'

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `lookups/lookups.a', needed by
`exim'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/nicolas/download/exim-4.10/build-Linux-i386'
make[1]: *** [go] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nicolas/download/exim-4.10'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Did anybody else tried to package SA-Exim 2.2 for Debian? I'd like to
have some recommendations as to which versions of Exim and SA-Exim to
use. Marc?

I also noticed that the debian tree was not stored in CVS, which was
probably just from lack of time. It would be great if that was in CVS if
we are going to modify it (update EDITME.diff). It could simply be a
separate module in the current sa-exim repository.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Nicolas

--
OpenPGP public key:         http://nicolas.marchildon.net/pubkey.txt
Key fingerprint:  5E84 1089 0036 BB63 6997  232C 8FFB 777D 39D4 B2D4