[SA-exim] SpamAssassin 2.50 & SA-Exim 2.2 ==> problem ...

Pierre-Luc Boucheron / UniGE (Email Address in signature) spammers at are.not.welcome.org
Wed Feb 26 15:05:49 2003

Hi all,

My goal was to move from SpamAssassin 2.44 to 2.50 on a system running Exim 4.12 with SA-Exim 2.2.

As indicated in SpamAssassin 2.50 README file (http://www.spamassassin.org/dist/README)

>"Upgrade Notes
>-------------
>
>Users of SpamAssassin versions earlier than 2.50 should note that the
>default tagging behavior has changed.  If an incoming message is tagged as
>spam, instead of modifying the original message, SpamAssassin will create a
>new report message and attach the original message as a message/rfc822 MIME
>part (ensuring the original message is completely preserved and easier to
>recover).  If you do not want to modify the body of incoming spam, use the
>"report_safe" option."

If I don't disable the new report message (report_safe 0) all messages detected as SPAM are
delivered with an empty body (only the headers are present).

My guest is that the new reporting mechanism (attach the original message as a message rfc822 MIME
part) and SA-Exim 2.2 are in trouble.

Can any one confirm that ???

Is there any work around ???

Thanks for responding to the list...

--
Pierre-Luc Boucheron                            Tel: (+41 22) 705 7578
Division Informatique                         Secr.: (+41 22) 705 7568