[SA-exim] SAEximRunCond false for gateway machine on same subnet

Scott Truman scott at ncs.co.nz
Fri Jul 4 00:17:35 PDT 2003

Hi there,
	We have a subnet 192.168.1.0/24, whose IP's should be able to
relay through the exim/sa-exim/spamassassin mail server. The incoming
mail appears to come from 192.168.1.254, because it is the gateway
server to the internet, which maps port 25 to the internal mail server.

This all works fine except Spamassassin is not being run for inbound
emails from the internet (as said, they appear to come from the host
192.168.1.254).

My config is as follows:

hostlist   relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : !192.168.1.254 :
!192.168.1.0/24

And even though I have negated 192.168.1.254 in the above hostlist, it
still seems to cause the following acl to kick in.

  warn     message       = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
           hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

Do acls work differently, or am I going about this incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.

Scott