[SA-exim] sa-exim with SQL user prefs

Fábio Berbert de Paula fabio at vivaolinux.com.br
Thu Jul 31 05:24:18 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I compiled sa-exim in replacement of local_scan.c on
Exim4-4.20 source and configured the same do perform a
SQL search for userpref, according the documentation
about SQL on spamassassin oficial web site.

As well, all of this 'works', but in a lot of times
a local user get his address in a WHITELIST_TO test
without explanation and accept a SPAM. How can I
debug the why is it hiting on this test?

Note: sa-exim is using only the @GLOBAL user prefs,
if is there any way to do sa-exim load a single user
prefs, please tell me. It can be done via ACL right?
Any URL to give me?

My ISP receive a bit more than 400.000 messages/day,
with spamassassin + exim3 + director, we're blocking
50.000 messages/day, with sa-exim + exim4 only 20.000
because the problem with the misterious WHITELIST_TO.

Other note: I'm using the same version and configuration
of spamassassin in both cases: exim3 and exim4.

Please, give some idea or sites do look for documentation.

Thanks,
Fabio Berbert de Paula
fabio at vivaolinux.com.br