[SA-exim] A little help on SAEximRunCond & rcpt domain based lookups

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk+exim-sa at freshdot.net
Sun Jun 8 16:55:23 PDT 2003

Hey all,

I got this configuration for exim4 from a friend, and it works really
really nice. The basic idea is that you have a file called 'policy' that
specifies, for each domain you host, what checks to perform, and what
ACL (rcpt_acl) to use.

The ACL in its turn looks up wether options like 'verifysender' or
'verifyhelo' are turned on, and wether it has to 'dnsbl=reject' or
'dnsbl=warn', etc, etc.

Works real nifty I can tell you :)

I thought I could add that same behaviour to exim-sa's SAEximRunCond,
since that RunCond undergoes exim4 string-expansion. So there shouldn't
be any problems looking up if 'spamassassin' is set to 'yes' in the
policy file for the recipient domain.

There is only one big problem. I can't seem to figure out, during the
phase where SAEximRunCond gets expanded, what the recipient address
(envelope!) for the mail is. I really need the address the mail will be
delivered to, not the $h_To value, since one can forge that.

$domain is empty, there's no $h_Envelope-to, and $recipients is empty too.

I thought about adding a header somewhere earlier, something like
seems I can only add headers *after* the message passed through exim-sa.

Anyone on this list having ideas about what I can do next to figure out
the recipient address in an SAEximRunCond like this:

| ${if
|     and {
|         {def:sender_host_address}
|         {!eq
|             {$sender_host_address}
|             {127.0.0.1}
|         }
|         {!eq
|             {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}
|             {Yes}
|         }
|         {eq
|             {${extract{spamassassin}{${lookup{#RCPTDOMAINNEEDEDHERE#}lsearch{/etc/exim4/policy}}}{$value}{no}}}
|             {yes}
|         }
|     }
|     {1}{0}