[SA-exim] RunCond......baffles me.

Thomas Kinghorn thomask at mtnns.net
Thu Jun 12 12:34:02 PDT 2003

OOPS :o$...thanks Tony, Its exim-4.14

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Earnshaw [mailto:tonni at billy.demon.nl]
Sent: 12 June 2003 11:21
To: Thomas Kinghorn
Cc: Sa-Exim at Lists. Merlins. Org (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [SA-exim] RunCond......baffles me.

Thomas Kinghorn wrote:

> Platform: RH8, SA-2.54, SA-exim-3.0 .
[...]
> I need to get this sorted as all local(outbound) mail from our domain is
> being scanned.

You give the platform, with all but the Exim version :-) Are you in a
position to run Exim as a daemon in debug mode on that machine /and/
with '-d+expand' ? That's my bracket-testing and condition-testing
choice for Exim, but I think it only began with v4.14 - not sure.

You'd have to run it under a heavily scrollable xterm window, so that
you could scroll backwards and forward through the output. Also, you'd
probably have to go in to work in the middle of the night to do it, when
traffic's minimal, unless you have remote access.

That's a funny IP number for an Exchange server. It's a public number,
which suggests that the machine is directly on the Internet and not in a
DMZ or behind a proxy firewall at least. Check that that really is the
IP number used for sending.

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

There's none so daft as them as will not learn

http://j-walk.com/blog/docs/conference.htm
http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni at billy.demon.nl