[SA-exim] Overwriting local_scan.c to buildy

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Wed Jun 25 18:24:18 PDT 2003

Hi,

Thank you!

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 10:44:51PM -0700, Marilyn Davis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am choosing to compile the sa-exim code into exim by overwriting
> > src/local_scan.c with sa-exim.c. Is this still ok?
>
> Yes, although the install is not very polished anymore
>
> > The INSTALL says "1) Unpack exim 4.11 or better, and overwrite
> > src/local_scan.c with sa-exim-x.y.c.  Rebuild exim, and you're done."
> >
> > sa-exim-x.y.c? I figured you mean sa-exim.c?  So I tried that.
>
> Right.
>
> > But I get a compiler complaint because it can't find sa-exim.h, which
> > is #included in sa-exim.c.  I can't find an sa-exim.h in the
> > sa-exim-3.0 distribution.
>
> You need to type make sa-exim.h, it'll generate the file and then you need
> to copy it in the exim tree.

Yep!  It's totally working now.  Very cool.

> Yeah, I need to fix the docs, sorry.

It's ok since you're right here to ask.  :^)

So install method 2 is "better"?  Is this because it's simpler?
Because you can do it without the exim source?  Is there some
advantage to having local_scan in its library?  Is this what's
happening?

If those are too many questions, just ignore me.

Thank so much again.

Marilyn