[SA-exim] Exim 4.120/SA-Exim 3.0 running

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Wed May 14 18:56:03 PDT 2003

Just in case people think that it never works :)

Red Hat Linux 7.2, kernel 2.4.19/ACPI, many system updates.

Did the patch and install according to Marc's instructions, apart from
copying Local/* from my Exim 4.14 to 4.20/Local after checking
srsc/EDITME to see that there was no difference (didn't use the 4.20
patched EDITME.).

sa-exim-3.0.so wasn't changed or recompiled; I'm using the one compiled
for Exim 4.14.

I can't understand Thomas' or Wash's troubles. Wash should know to copy
the SA-Exim-patched src/EDITME to Local and do any final adjustments
there before compiling? I don't have to tell him that ;) If the patches
have been applied correctly, Exim *must* know what local_scan_path is.

Renewed thanks to Marc for a fantastic product. I'm 10 days into
learning Postfix (2.0.9) to be able to support it for different
applications; it's *so* different from Exim in philosophy and
implementation. Integrating SpamAssassin alone has been a PITA; the only
useful results are with amavisd-new and even that doesn't even come near
to doing what SA-Exim can do.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

There's none so daft as them as will not learn.

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni at billy.demon.nl