[SA-exim] FW: best way to patch

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri May 16 15:34:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 11:27:04PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> The whole SA-Exim thing presupposes you have a common install directory
> with exim-4.14, sa-exim-3.0 and exim-4.20 next to each other.

Not anymore actually.
sa-exim-3.0 will build without exim, it includes the exim headers it needs

That's why I updated the dlopen patch to have an API version number

> The sa-exim-3.0 Makefile has a mistake in line 22: "EXIM_SRC=
> ../exim-4.14/src". If you never installed or patched exim-4.14 and only
> began with 4.20, this will give a compile error - since it's pointing at
> a directory that doesn't exist and was never patched.

Not quite.
See http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-current/Makefile

EXIM_SRC= ../../src
EXIM_SRC_LOCAL = ./eximinc
BUILDCFLAGS=-I$(EXIM_SRC) -I$(EXIM_SRC_LOCAL)

It allows you to provide your own exim headers by doing the right thing,
or sa-exim 3.0 will fall back to its own exim 4.14 headers.

> Find "LOOKUP_LIBS". add -ldl to the end of that line. If it's commented
> out in the first place, uncomment it. Actually, it implies '-L/usr/lib
> -ldl', but you shouldn't need the /usr/lib bit, since make will always
> look in /usr/lib for libs.

Right. That's missing from the patch, I'll need to fix that.