[SA-exim] Klezmail with forged envelope

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 6 14:11:18 PDT 2004

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc at merlins.org):

> Mmmh, this sounds more like a job for exiscan-acl, which you have in
> exim-daemon-heavy in debian.

OK, I've now ditched exim4-daemon-light in favour of exim4-daemon-heavy
(without breakage), and will be glad to Read The Fine Docs to write
whatever rulesets are required, but was hoping that this was a
bog-standard problem with a bog-standard fix that someone would refer me
to.  (Yes, I'm being lazy.)

> You could write SA rules to force virus Emails to be found as spam and
> rejected, but exiscan-acl would just do a better job by default.

Obviously default isn't _quite_ to be understood literally, here, since
I've just received the following (below).

I suspect you mean I should go study
/usr/share/doc/exim4-daemon-heavy/exiscan-acl-examples.txt.gz
/usr/share/doc/exim4-daemon-heavy/exiscan-acl-spec.txt.gz
...right?  ;->