[SA-exim] sa-exim not calling spamc to remote host

Dan Egli dan at eglifamily.dnsalias.net
Fri Apr 16 12:56:42 PDT 2004

Hey all. Question here I hope I can get some help with.

I d/led and installed sa-exim 4.0, but I made a change first. My
spamassassin runs on a different machine (the mail server is nowhere
near strong enough to handle spamassassin. I tried, and got a system
load of over 35!)

I changed this line:

ret=execl(SAspamcpath, "spamc", "-s", string_sprintf("%d",
SAmaxbody+16384), "-U", SAspamcSockPath, NULL);

to be this:

ret=execl(SAspamcpath, "spamc", "-d <Spamassassin Server> -s",
string_sprintf("%d", SAmaxbody+16384), NULL);

now every message comes in with:

but when I take the same message, and run spamc on it myself (sans the
-s part, like: spamc -d <SpamAssassin Server> < message), it works
great. I get a message back within about 4-5 seconds that has a spam
score and everything.

Is there a different way to get sa-exim to poll the remote server? The
remote server IS listening obviously.

--- Dan