[SA-exim] sa-exim with Exim4 + Debian (Sarge)

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Wed Apr 28 20:29:01 PDT 2004

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc at merlins.org):

> > Debian maintainer of sa-exim told me to check /var/log/syslog for
> > something like,
> No, /var/log/exim/mainlog

I told him to check /var/log/syslog for the spamd messages. My spamd
logs there too. He already checked /var/log/maillog, where it could log
too.

> If you get 0 log entries from sa-exim, it's clearly not running.
> Make sure it's really enabled in your exim4.conf, and that sa-exim.conf has
> it enabled (runsaeximcond).

I remembered something I could experience myself... I use a monolithic
exim4.conf file, so just installing the sa-exim package, and configuring
it would not make it run.

'Pradeeper' should check wether he uses a monolithic file or not. :)

Regards,
Sander.