[SA-exim] sa-exim with Exim4 + Debian (Sarge)

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Apr 30 14:23:42 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 23:33, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 05:50:59PM +0600, Pradeeper wrote:
> > > Mmmh, I guess I'll need to move this to the README for the next release
> > > (sucks if you did read the README but didn't find the above text because it
> > > was in the INSTALL file)
> >
> > I used most of the docs from /usr/share/doc/sa-exim/ ,
> > I think Sander can do this for us ;-)
>
> He can't, there is some debian rule that you can't bundle a doc file called
> INSTALL.
> I'll have to move this portion of INSTALL to README

There may be such a rule, but there certainly are a number of packages
that ship the INSTALL files.

If the rule exists, it's a good one.  I once overlooked some info in the
INSTALL file on the grounds that the program was already installed.  So
pulling out the stuff that's still relevant (to Readme.Debian, for
example) is useful.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4          ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 476-9856
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143-0840                     hm:  (415) 550-1062