[SA-exim] local_scan_path option error

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Jan 30 20:25:10 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 02:21:50AM +0000, Steve Parker wrote:
> So are we saying that  the patch doesn't work?

Patches are usually provided on an "works for me, maybe for you too" basis

> Surely before publishing a patch, it should be checked that it works, and

Hasn't stopped me before :)
(although it usually works for me when I publish a patch. For you or others,
it may or may not work.
You get what you paid for as they say.

> works on Solaris (presumably the biggest MTA out there)

Putting aside the fact that Solaris is not an MTA, I actually firmly
believe that more people use exim on linux, freebsd, and other freenixes
than solaris
As for the dynamically loadable local_scan module patch, it was provided
as working for linux. I've heard it works for some other people on some
other architectures (some have even given me patches), but I only use linux,
so that's the only thing that it's known to work with (and by this I mean
linux on little endian 32 bit platforms. It might not work on 64 bit or big
endian)

> I really want to believe,

The truth is out there :)