[SA-exim] SA-Exim on Sparc crash

Andre Correa andre.correa at pobox.com
Thu Jul 15 16:56:16 PDT 2004

Hi Marc and list members, this is my first message here. I found on list
archives a thread called: "local_scan is crashing (log_write crash)"
that helped me solve a problem on my exim running on a SuSe 7.3 for Sparc.

I kept getting on logs:

local_scan() function crashed with signal 11 - message temporarily
rejected (size XXXXXX)

on logs. I found that on Sparc sizeof(off_t)_ = 4, not 8 like in i386,
so i breaks log_write as in explained in that thread. I couldn't find
its the first message to know if the discussion started with a SPARC
user, so I am reporting it again.

Using (double)(fdsize - 18) on local_scan.c seens to solve the problem
temporarilly, untill a new version of sa-exim comes out with a fix.

that is it!

cheers...

Andre