[SA-exim] Hits get minus value

Dan Egli dan at eglifamily.dnsalias.net
Thu Jun 10 23:35:17 PDT 2004

Pradeeper wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 19:55, Dan Egli wrote:
>
>>Like I said. Feed the spams to sa-learn. sa-learn --spam <mbox file/maildir>
>
> Oh! I did it.
>

>>You might want to consider nuking the DB and starting over. Looks to me
>>like it might be corrupted.
>
> Will sa-learn --rebuild do that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pradeeper
> --
> Debian GNU/Linux Sarge kernel 2.6.3-neo-1
>
> Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.

--rebuild only repairs the file "if needed". IF you're not getting
errors in your spamassassin log file then SpamAssassin doesn't realize
it needs to rebuild (it can happen). To do a manual rebuild, read your
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file. If there's a bayes_path statement
then that is where your bays files are. Remove them. If not, then they
are usually found in the SpamAssassin caller's home directory under
.spamassassin/bayes. For example, since I configured exim's home
directory as /var/spool/exim, my bayes_path reads:

bayes_path /var/spool/exim/.spamassassin/bayes

so I would remove /var/spool/exim/.spamassassin/bayes_*

So find the files, nuke them, then run sa-learn --rebuild --ham and pipe
in as many non-spams as you can find. Then run with --spam and shove in
any spams you have left over. I usually keep a small dump of around 200
of the most annoying spams so if I have to rebuild my DB I can start of
with a full DB, and don't have to wait for the 200 limit. You can also
set the minimum in your .cf file. bayes_min_spam_num X will use the
bayes database as soon as it contains X spams. You can also set a HAM
limit with bayes_min_ham_num X.

--
-- Dan