[SA-exim] SA-Exim 4.0 released

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Mar 16 09:57:33 PST 2004

Get it while it's hot :)

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sa-exim/

Deb package is here:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/debian/
(compiled against unstable, you might have to rebuild for testing, or wait
for official deb packages from Sander Smeenk)

Outside of the several fixes sent to me (or written by me), the big
improvement, is definitely the greylisting support. You will have to patch
your SpamAssassin (easy, it's perl, just patch on top and restart spamd),
but you should like the results.
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-current/README.greylisting

The spam in my inbox has now gone from one a day or so to about 0
(from about a hundred incoming every day)

The changelist is here:

     * Added SAspamcpath (from Richard Lithvall)
     * Makefile fixes for version.h and dependencies
     * Added exim acl_m trick from Chirik in README
     * New code to read and pass on any X-Spam- header from SpamAssassin
     * Message-Id is now logged in SA log entries to allow you track down
       a message in other logfiles, like SA's log
     * Add X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP header for greylisting
     * Allow  for  tempreject  on messages not flagged as spam by SA (for
       greylisting)
     * Added greylisting support (see README.greylisting)
     * Added the following options to sa-exim.conf:
          + SAspamcSockPath
          + SAgreylistiswhitestr
          + SAgreylistraisetempreject
     * Lots of documentation fixes and updates
     * Basic  debian  tree  shipped by default (but real deb package from
       Sander Smeenk)