[SA-exim] greylisting, exim-4.34 status

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Fri May 14 20:26:18 PDT 2004

Quoting Paul Makepeace (merlins.org at paulm.com):

> Is a exim.deb/sa-exim.deb release imminent now that exim 4.34 has had
> the Received: header code backed out? If so I might hold off a while.

I'm not planning on releasing a new sa-exim deb yet. The current version
will work just right again with Exim 4.34. The change with Received:
headers in Exim brake SpamAssassin's scoring, not sa-exim itself.

> Also, how have people found greylisting? Any thoughts on thresholds etc
> having used it for a while now?

I still haven't tried.

That's because Greylisting wasn't designed to work with two MX servers
that don't share the same configuration files. I haven't had the time
to set something up with sfs or so, so both can use the same Bayes and
Greylisting information. (Or convince myself that only the primary MX
server will do just fine).

Regards,
Sander.