[SA-exim] greylisting, exim-4.34 status

Paul Makepeace merlins.org at paulm.com
Tue May 18 02:32:33 PDT 2004

Je 2004-05-15 19:22:57 +0100, Marc MERLIN skribis:
> Yeah, things will work fine.
> 1) most mail will go through just fine
> 2) greylisted mail that is spam will go to your secondary MX, unless it was
>    already sent there to start with
> 3) secondary MX will also greylist sender
> 4) if sender resends a 2nd or 3rd time depending on above, the mail will
>    be accepted
> 5) ...
> 6) profit (*)
>
> Mmmh, actually not quite, I should build a greylist hack so that if
> /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/12/174/92/all
> or
> /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/12/174/92/all/all
> exit, then the mail is whitelisted automatically

Does SAEximRunCond not enable you to bypass SA when taking connections
from your MXen? (I have for example, {!eq
{$sender_host_address}{217.207.14.60}}in the 'and' condition.)

> This would allow you to accept all mail from your secondary MX without
> greylisting it one more time (things work as is mind you, but in some cases
> you would needlessly delay mail by one extra hour)

So SAEximRunCond could solve exactly this, working as a whitelist for
the greylisting?

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"What is Mr Oh's mission? A melding of two souls."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/