[SA-exim] devnull relayed spam?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Nov 3 20:19:06 PST 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:35:46PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if i want to drop spam that's coming from a known relay (i.e. my email
> whatever at domain1.org has a static forwarding to somewhat at domain2.org and
> i can't influence what domain1.org MX does, but i own domain2.org), what
> would be the best place for this?
>
> Obviously something like "SAdevnullcond" isn't mentioned in the
> sa-exim.conf templates, so i doubt i can just use it like the
> SAteergrubecond, can i? If it existed, that'd just leave me the option
> to put the default SAdevnull score to some value that isn't very likely
> to be matched, but i still can use it to silently drop all spam instead
> proactively introducing secondary spam with all my rejects to that relay
> MX.

I think I understand what you're trying to do, and basically, right now
you can only influence whether teergrube will run or not.
For that matter, you can't make tne devnull condition run before teergrube
either.

But let me ask, teergrubbing a peer MX is bad, but why are you trying to
/dev/null? Can't you just reject the mail?