[SA-exim] devnull relayed spam?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Nov 4 07:58:10 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 01:59:46PM +0100, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> > But let me ask, teergrubbing a peer MX is bad, but why are you trying to
> > /dev/null? Can't you just reject the mail?
>
> sure it's bad. And bouncing would mean to introduce secondary spam as
> most of the sender addresses are very likely to be either fake or void.
> Thus i'd just like to accept them and stuff them into the digital
> dustbin for the sake of other postmasters out there.

I see. I have just less compassion that you :)
(if they accept random spam they're going to get the unbounceable mail
anyway, with or without me refusing some of their forwards)

So, if each option were conditional instead of just having a score, that
would do what you need.
This is already a feature request, and I'm hoping to put that in the next
version