[SA-exim] devnull relayed spam?

Kilian Krause kk at verfaction.de
Fri Nov 12 00:43:32 PST 2004

Hi Tor,

> > so you say the magic is here to use fakereject instead of reject? I
> > daresay that i tried to understand that from the URL given back in the
> > thread and somewhat i still cannot see what the *FAKE* about this
> > reject is.
>
> "fakereject" is a control (similar to "freeze") provided by the
> Exiscan-ACL patch.  It instructs Exim to issue a "550" response, even
> if the mail is accepted.  I use it, rather than a "deny" statement,
> because I want to keep a copy of mail classified as spam in a separate
> Junk folder.

ok, so the fake is not about the reject being fake (in terms of not
happening), but the fake refers to the message not being only rejected
and gone ;)
I guess somewhat i had from the term expected the first to happen, but
it's clear now.. thanks!

> > So maybe you can enlighten me how i with this can do a "whitelisting"
> > but still scan my mails and then throw them silently into /dev/null
> > without producing large backscatter with my mx being the one listed in
> > the "he's to blame, he didn't accept it!"..
>
> I tried twice, here is a third time.

Hehe, thanks for the patience ;)

> First, use Exiscan-ACL rather than SA-Exim, for the reasons I have
> described.
-(snip)-
>         !hosts     = /etc/mail/whitelist-hosts
-(snip)-
>     - Check that the host is not in /etc/mail/whitelist-hosts, before
> actually
>       deciding to reject the mail.

Alright, i finally found the path you show me.. At least i have now
finally been able to reproduce your proposal. Will try that and come
back if there's something still fishy with it.. (Which i hope will not
be the case *g*)

Thanks again for the hint and patience ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian