[SA-exim] Using SA-Exim with FreeBSD Exim port

Juha Saarinen juha at futhermucker.net
Sun Sep 5 11:42:31 PDT 2004

Juha Saarinen wrote:

> ... which makes me think "-ldl" is a Linuxism introduced by the
> localscan_dlopen patch. Could someone fill me in on what it does, and
> whether or not "-ldl" is necessary?

Did a bit of research, and -ldl seems to be a Linuxism that can be
omitted on FreeBSD:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-September/019908.html

DLOPEN(3)              FreeBSD Library Functions Manual
DLOPEN(3)

NAME
      dlopen, dlsym, dlfunc, dlerror, dlclose -- programmatic interface
to the
      dynamic linker

LIBRARY
      Standard C Library (libc, -lc)

SYNOPSIS
      #include <dlfcn.h>

      void *
      dlopen(const char *path, int mode);

      void *
      dlsym(void * restrict handle, const char * restrict symbol);

      dlfunc_t
      dlfunc(void * restrict handle, const char * restrict symbol);

      const char *
      dlerror(void);

      int
      dlclose(void *handle);

Next question: how to automagically strip the -ldl from LFLAGS (should
really be LDFLAGS I think) when building on FreeBSD?

--
Juha