[SA-exim] Getting greylisting to work

Paul Makepeace merlins.org at paulm.com
Thu Aug 25 17:06:26 PDT 2005

Je 2005-08-26 00:24:27 +0100, Paul Makepeace skribis:
> On a fresh install of sa-exim, spamassassin, and spamc on Debian testing
> I needed to do the following to get greylisting to work:
>
>  * /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Greylisting.pm
>    I believe this should start,
>    package Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Greylisting;
>
>  * /etc/spamassassin/init.pre
>    Add,
>    # Greylisting  - enable SA-exim's greylisting
>    #
>    loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Greylisting
>
>  * /usr/share/doc/sa-exim/README.greylisting.gz
>    The rule quoted in GREYLIST_ISWHITE: change reseval to eval

Ah, I've just seen there's additional commentary on SA 3.x later in the
file. Would be really useful to put a note to that effect "but if you're
running SA 3.x see below".

I see the loadplugin is mentioned - I think my suggestion above will
enable it to be called with the same convention as the other plugins SA
ships with.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is the color of newborn kittens? My place of wonder breasts."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/