[SA-exim] problems building sa-exim on ia64

SR, ESC simon at nuit.ca
Wed Jan 19 23:13:13 PST 2005

Le mer 2005-01-19 a 22:39:29 -0500, Marc MERLIN <marc at merlins.org> a dit:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 02:51:27AM +0100, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just spent some time trying to build exim-src-rpms (taken from
> > ftp.exim.org) on one of my ia64-systems. Sadly, sa-exim caused problems.
> >
> > Building sa-exim-4.1+cvs.so
> > gcc -I../../src -I./eximinc -DDLOPEN_LOCAL_SCAN
> > -DSPAMASSASSIN_CONF=\"/etc/exim/sa-exim.conf\"
> > -DSPAMC_LOCATION=\"/usr/bin/spamc\" -O2 -Wall -shared -o
> > sa-exim-4.1+cvs.so sa-exim.c
> > sa-exim.c:512:2: warning: #warning you should not worry about the "might
> > be clobbered by longjmp", see source
> > /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc37rnoO.o: @gprel relocation against dynamic symbol
> > version
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Honestly, I have no idea why it says that, you'll need help from someone who
> knows more about gcc than I do.

i'm not any more clueful, but ld is the linker, it's called during the
build to link up various lib deps. seems it got "mis-linked" somehow.
what gcc version are you using? seems that ia64 needs gcc 4.0.x.
that's what i see from my changelogs (apt-listchanges installed). also
an up-to-date glibc is needed. i don't know redhat systems, so i
couldn't help you with the s/w installed, but do check if you have a
gcc-4.x

ec/

--
Cold pizza and cold coffee, second best thing to cold pizza and warm beer.
                -- me