[SA-exim] SA-Exim Greylist IP Whitelist?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Aug 27 09:38:14 PDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 11:08:11AM -0400, Jeff Clark wrote:
> I've been using SA-Exim for sometime now (very happy with it) and have just
> recently began using the greylisting feature.  I've read that there are
> certain services (like Gmail, etc) that should have their IPs exempted from
> greylisting.  Is there a way in sa-exim to exclude certain IP addresses just
> from greylisting, or do I have to exclude sa-exim from running on them at
> all using the X-SA-Do-Not-Run headers?

Greylisting should only be configured to kick in when you receive something
that's almost certainly spam.
The implementation that comes with SA-Exim therefore does not have any
whitelisting support built in, however it's easy to add one anyway with
1) You write an SA rule that counteracts/disables the SA rule that helps
   with greylisting
2) You add a quick hack to
   /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Greylisting.pm

Note however that:
1) you can greylist gmail just like everyone else. I do (and I work for
   google)
2) it's hard to get an up to date list of all sending IPs for big providers.
   Those can change at any time

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/