[SA-exim] "Couldn't get Connecting IP header X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP" error message

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Dec 22 12:55:04 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 08:25:21PM -0000, Matt Bostock wrote:
> > Off hand, I'm not too sure then.
> > Your best bet is to put some debugging prints around the
> > error in the perl module.
> > You could also take one mail you received, make sure it has
> > the headers, save it to disk, and run it through spamassassin
> > -t -D < /tmp/mail and see what happens
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> The plot thickens...
>
> I've done some debugging in greylisting.pm and have it set to print out
> *all* headers to the logs just before it looks for X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP.
> After checking the logs, it appears that the X-SA-Exim-* headers aren't
> being added by the local_scan patch by the time greylisting.pm is
> called. Oddly enough, although greylisting (and tuplets) aren't working,
> the emails are being saved to /var/spool/exim/SA* and *do* have the
> X-SA-Exim-* headers there.
>
> Does that make sense?

Argh, I understand what you're saying, bu tno, it does not make any sense to
me.
Off hand, I'm not sure what you're seeing, and I'm leaving on a Plane in 30mn
where I will have limited or no internet connectivity for a week.

I'm afraid I can't help right now and I don't have any great wisdom to give
you at this moment.

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/