[SA-exim] return path not passed to spamassassin

Chris Purves chris at northfolk.ca
Mon Feb 27 17:28:09 PST 2006

I have had the problem that SPF checking does not work when spamassassin
is called from exim.  It works fine when running spamc after a message
has been delivered.  I believe that I have tracked the problem down to
the return path not being added to the headers by exim until after
spamassassin is finished.

It seems to me that this is something sa-exim should have configured
automatically...of course it's just as likely something I should have
configured but didn't.

I found this thread that discusses the same problem.

http://www.nabble.com/Availability-of-return-path-to-Exiscan-t49803.html

Please provide suggestions as to the best way to solve this.

Thanks.

--
Good day, eh.
Chris