[SA-exim] Cannot send message to self using external smtp server

Chris Purves chris at northfolk.ca
Fri Mar 31 21:40:07 PST 2006

If I send a message to myself using a 3rd party SMTP server, sa-exim rejects
the message and I receive the following message in the returned mail:

<chris at northfolk.ca>: host mail.northfolk.ca[220.234.29.148] said: 500 error

There is no record of the mail in either mainlog, rejectlog, or paniclog.

If I set SAEximRunCond: 0 in sa-exim.conf and restart exim the same message
gets through.

I can send to myself with sa-exim enabled if I use my own server for SMTP.

Below are the headers from the offending mail with sa-exim is disabled: