[SA-exim] sa-exim's Greylisting.pm doesn't check for local connections

Andreas Vögele avo at trustsec.de
Thu Nov 9 09:18:47 PST 2006

Marc MERLIN writes:

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 04:01:51PM +0100, Andreas Vögele wrote:
[...]
>> I've attached a small patch for Greylisting.pm.  The code added by
>> this patch returns from greylisting() if the variable $connectip
>> contains the string '<locally generated>'.  The header
>> X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP is set to this string in sa-exim.c if the
>> message was locally generated.
>
> That's interesting. I guess you don't get the same from that as
> running your own MTA on the net, but that's still a valid use I
> didn't think about.

Actually, I'm using this patch on an MTA which also accepts mail from
the net.  That's one of the reasons why I decided to use the sendmail
command to deliver messages that were fetched with fetchmail.  I can
now use the Exim ACL acl_not_smtp for the fetchmail messages and keep
the fetchmail settings separate from the other ACLs.  Here's an
example:

acl_not_smtp = acl_check_not_smtp

acl_check_not_smtp:

  # Don't scan unless the message was retrieved with fetchmail.
  warn
    condition = ${if eq{$sender_ident}{fetchmail}{no}{yes}}
    set acl_m0 = do-not-scan

  # Never reject messages that were retrieved with fetchmail.
  warn
    condition = ${if eq{$sender_ident}{fetchmail}{yes}{no}}
    set acl_m0 = do-not-reject

  accept

> If/when I have the next version, I'll include this patch.  In the
> meantime, I cced the sa-exim list so that others can benefit

I tried to post through Gmane but that didn't work since the list is
moderated.  I've just subscribed to the list but disabled delivery so
that I can still use Gmane to read the list.