[SA-exim] Customizing reject messages using variables?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Nov 30 09:06:36 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 10:44:32AM -0600, Mark Zbikowski wrote:
> I'd like to customize the reject message (SAmsgpermrej) in sa-exim.conf
> to include the message "please contact postmaster at mydomain.com".
>
> My email gateway handles multiple domains, and I'd like the
> "mydomain.com" portion to reflect the domain name of the intended
> recipient.
>
> Is this possible?

I'm afraid not, the string is static and doesn't get any variable
substitution.
Of course, you could hack that in sa-exim.c in about 10-15mn, but making
this a real option with all the configuration variables and substitutions
that people could think of, would take a while :)

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/