[SA-exim] White listing

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon Sep 18 21:16:30 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 03:52:49PM +0100, Beginner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Debian (Alpha) 3.1, SA-Exim-Version: 4.2.
>
> I am trying to find a effective way to whitelist senders.
>
> I have been using a web interface to SA's
> $f->add_address_to_whitelist($addr) to allow users to whitelist
> senders. However this method uses the auto whitelist (AWL) and I am
> told that this it not the best suited to whitelist senders. The best
> practise, I am told, it to either add the senders to a *cf file in
> /etc/spamassassin (involves a HUP) or better still in a exim
> whitelist.
>
> What I am stuck on is how to enable local_sender_whitelist
>
> The file exists:
> -rwxr-xr-x www-data root  /etc/exim4/local_sender_whitelist
>
> There are files in the acl dir that refer to
> CONFDIR/local_sender_whitelist but I am not certain they are being
> used. However in my tests users that have been added to the file are
> still being scanned and failing. It is becoming quite a problem as
> the number of false positives seems to be increasing.

/etc/exim4/local_sender_whitelist doesn't get magically read

> Ideally I would like entries in the local_sender_whitelist to be
> stamped with the warn X-SA header that allows them to be skipped from
> normal scanning but I'll settle for any thing at this stage.

Are you familiar with the Exim configuration file works?
If not, you should read up on it.
Did you read the SA-Exim documentation? (specifically the
'EXIM4 INTEGRATION / NOT SCANNING YOUR OWN MAILS' section) ?

If not, please do so, you should find your answers there.

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/