[SA-exim] SA-exim uses only tempreject

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Feb 6 13:49:15 PST 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 10:36:43AM +0100, DOMA Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with an Exim 4.63 and SA-exim 4.2.1 installation.
>
> I set the following threshold levels:
>

> SA: Debug3: expanded SAdevnull = 20.00
> SA: Debug3: expanded SApermreject = 12.00
> SA: Debug3: expanded SAtempreject = 9.00
>
> However, the only action SA-exim does is tempreject:
>
> SA: Action: temporarily rejected message: score=26.0 required=5.5
> trigger=9.0 (scanned in 9/9 secs | Message-Id:
> 000b01c73a57_17428670_6400a8c0@[...]). From <[...]>
> (host=xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]) for xxxxx at xxx.xx
>
> Is there any solution to get SAdevnull and SApermreject working ?

Sorry for the delay.

The reason tempreject is happening is because devnull and permreject
didn't trigger for some reason.
I looked at the code for you, and the only reason I could find was that
isspam is not being set to 1 (i.e. spamassassin isn't flagging the
message as spam).
I'll admit that it's not super obvious, but sa-exim will not reject a
message, regardless of the score, if SA doesn't say it's spam
If you tweak your SA config according, things should work.

Admittedly, this restriction should go away: sa-exim should just not
care whether SA says it's spam or not, and only look at the spam score

Hope this helps.
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/