[SA-exim] SA: Action: spamd took more than ...

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Feb 6 13:51:02 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:01:08PM -0600, José de Jesús Gutiérrez Ramírez wrote:

> Running spamassassin --lint -D The only suspicious I have is the following:
>
> dbg: bayes: not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in bayes DB < 200
>
> I this an error on my system? or I get this message because I run the test with the root user instead of the Debian-exim user?
>
> BTW the bayes files whitelist is 10mb and I have almost 20 expire files around 5mb, are these size files normal?
>
> I have to tell my system run on a Celeron 300mhz 96mb ram, I know is small but it was working fine for near 2 years until yersterday.

Basically SA-Exim is telling you that SA is telling too long to run, so
it can't wait forever.
Unfortunately SA is not time bound, and I believe the SA guys removed
the time profiling code I put in there, because it made SA slightly
slower.
My recommendation to you is to go on the spamassassin-users list, and
work out with them why SA is taking so long to run for you

Good luck,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/