[SA-exim] Can spamd process per-user user_prefs?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Feb 6 14:12:31 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 10:28:19AM -0600, Mark Zbikowski wrote:
> Using sa-exim, is it possible to make spamd process individual
> $HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs?  I haven't been able to figure it out.

It's an FAQ and in a word, no.
SA-Exim can receive a message on behalf of 5 or 10 users at the same time, and can't
apply multiple preferences without playing tricks like temporarily
rejecting all the users except a few with the same config, and wait for
the mail to come back for the other users, and keep going.

It's kind of messy to implement for many different reasons and not super
reliable in some cases, so no one has implemented this yet, and I'm not
sure anyone will (that said, I've been wrong before)

Hope this helps.
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/