[SA-exim] undefined vars in Greylisting.pm

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Feb 7 09:04:56 PST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 01:57:25PM +0100, John Bro wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Below are a bunch of examples (edited for redundancy and verbosity)
> showing that sometimes the string that is supposed to be an IP address
> is a (local) email address (originating locally too),
> leaving regexes $2, $3, $4 quite empty.
>
> Other times it's 127.0.0.1 (for the same message?)
> and still other times it's a real external IP number.
>
> Yet there are always complaints about unitialized values anyway.
>
> BAD CONNECTIP l.175  is the warn() I added which only appears when
> the "connectip" is an email address instead of an ip number.
> So the other complaints are somehow at other steps in the process..

I'll have to add a little more code to deal with totally unexpected values
in there.

> Some of this may be related to the fact that I am using
> fetchmail to get mail from outside servers and hand it off to my
> exim4.. but I don't understand *how* it's related (or what I'm

Ahaha, now you fess up :)

SA-Exim is mostly useless if you use fetchmail.
Greylisting cannot work if you already accepted the Email.
SMTP time filtering is irrelevant if you're feeding the mail from fetchmail.

If you don't have access to your outside MX to run SA-Exim there, you should
drop SA-Exim and just use spamassassin.
Sorry, SA-Exim cannot do much of anything useful in your situation.

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/