[SA-exim] spamc child yielded errors

Mark Lawrence nomad at null.net
Thu Mar 15 12:09:31 PDT 2007

> Over the past month or so I've been receiving this error on my mail
> gateways every couple of days.  Everything seems to be flowing
> correctly, but I can't figure out why this message is showing up in my
> paniclogs.
>
> SA: PANIC: wait on spamc child yielded, 10 (but message was accepted)

Unfortunately I don't have any advice, but I have perhaps seen something
related. On my systems I have an extraordinary amount of connections which
are hanging around in the TIME_WAIT state:

       $ netstat -at | grep TIME_WAIT | grep spamd | wc -l
       $ 41

It might be possible that spamd is not finishing the conversation
with spamc properly or not closing TCP connections cleanly?

Regards,
Mark.
--
Mark Lawrence