[SA-exim] GREYLISTING: greylisting didn't run since the configuration wasn't setup to call us

Christian Kieft christian at kieft.de
Sat May 5 08:22:12 PDT 2007

Hi list,

i tried to set up sa-exim with greylisting - and everything except the
greylisting part works fine so far (system: debian 3.1)

For each mail which is passed on to spamd i get the following log entries
in /var/log/mail.log:

spamd[5524]: invalid rule: GREYLIST_ISWHITE
spamd[5524]: debug: GREYLISTING: greylisting didn't run since the
configuration wasn't setup to call us

my local.cf:
loadplugin
Greylisting /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Greylisting.pm

header GREYLIST_ISWHITE reseval:greylisting("( 'dir'
=> '/var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets'; 'method' => 'dir'; 'greylistsecs'
=> '300'; 'dontgreylistthreshold'=>
 11; 'connectiphdr' => 'X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP'; 'envfromhdr'
=> 'X-SA-Exim-Mail-From'; 'rcpttohdr'
=> 'X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To'; 'greylistnullfrom' => 0; 'greylis
tfourthbyte' => 0 )")

describe GREYLIST_ISWHITE The incoming server has been whitelisted for this
receipient and sender
score GREYLIST_ISWHITE  -1.5
priority GREYLIST_ISWHITE 99999

I couldn't even figure out the error when i had a look at Greylisting.pm
It seems like the module is loaded but not run. Is anything wrong with
my "header GREYLIST_ISWHITE... " definition? I noticed to keep the exact
syntax and copy and pasted the line

Has anyone also experienced these problems or does someone know a
solution?

My setup is quite similar to the descriptions
in /usr/share/doc/README.greylisting

spamd -V:
SpamAssassin Server version 3.0.3
  running on Perl 5.8.4

spamc -V:
SpamAssassin Client version 3.0.3
  compiled with SSL support (OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004)

(everything is installed from default debian 3.1 packages)

Thanks in advance,
Christian